My mission is to educate people on the taxation of their money in both the accumulation and distribution phase of life. Financial planning tends to stop at the accumulation phase for most people, however, how much money we get to SPEND from our portfolio is far more important.
The Fitzpatrick Group is a Houston-based financial services firm specializing in tax-exempt and tax-efficient retirement strategies for individuals and organizations.
Our mission at the Fitzpatrick Group is to ensure clients are planning for the taxation of their money during the distribution phase. Our holistic approach to financial planning allows us to assist clients in properly preparing for their financial journey through life.
We assist clients and business owners in:
- Accumulate and distribute wealth off the radar screen of the IRS eliminating or minimizing unnecessary federal taxation on their retirement savings
- Eliminating unnecessary and excessive advisor fees as well as over leveraged market volatility in their portfolio
- Protect loved ones from financial disaster when the unexpected happens
I’m a native Houstonian born and raised in League City, Texas. I attended college at Sam Houston State University (SHSU) in Huntsville, Texas where I earned my bachelor’s degree in 2013 – Eat ‘Em Up Kats!
While at SHSU I was actively involved in my college community:
- I served as Student Body President from 2012-2013
- Served as the Co-Chair on the Student Advisory Board for the Texas State University System Board of Regents
- Life Member of the SHSU Alumni Association
- Member of Alpha Tau Omega National Leadership Fraternity
- Member of the Alpha Tau Omega Life Loyal Tau National Alumni Association
I enjoy connecting with others in my community and meeting likeminded individuals that are equally as ambitious and driven. I’m recently engaged and have an amazing fiancé named Jeannie who is a luxury sales professional at Tiffany & Co. in the Galleria. We love to travel all over the world and have dedicated our lives to visiting as many places as possible that this amazing world has to offer.
I’m an avid angler and even hold a Texas State fishing record for the Goldface Tilefish I caught in April 2021. I’m happiest when I’m near any body of water, I love to spend quality time out at our family ranch in Rocksprings, Texas near the Frio River. I’m actively involved in the Houston Rodeo on the Wine Garden Committee and serve as an Assistant Captain. I also enjoy attending live music events (Texas Country being my favorite) but have a love for all music.
An ideal referral for me is someone who desires honest and non partisan financial education.
- Someone who believes they are going to make more money in the future than they are now (income potential)
- Someone who believes that federal income taxes will be higher in the future than they are now
- Someone who does not want to pay unnecessary financial advisory fees
- Someone who does not want to bet their retirement solely on the stock market or a single asset class
Self employed, business owners, real estate investors, HR Manager seeking employer sponsored benefits packages for their company.
Qualifying Questions: What are three questions we can ask clients to help pave the way for a referral? List them here.
Do you believe you are going to make more money in the future than you are currently? (income potential) (climb the tax brackets organically)
Do you believe that federal income taxes will be higher in the future than they are now?
Do you want to learn how to avoid paying unnecessary financial advisory fees? (rent for babysitting your money)
Do you want to learn how to truly diversify your retirement savings vs. betting solely on the stock market or a single asset class?
Describe How You Would Like To Be Introduced Via Email
I'd like to connect you with Shane Rankin with the Fitzpatrick Group. Shane is a Financial Strategist with a range of experience and offers a wealth of knowledge in the financial services realm.
Shane's mission is to educate people on the taxation and net values of their money in both the accumulation and distribution phase of life. Financial planning tends to stop at the accumulation phase for most people, however, how much money we get to SPEND from our portfolio in our retirement is far more important. In addition to minimizing and even eliminating the taxation of their clients wealth in retirement they also help minimize unnecessary financial advisory fees and overleveraged market volatility from their portfolios. I believe he would be a great asset to you!